top of page
Parish Priest, Fr T.A. Sweeney, saw the need for a Convent School and in January, 1926 the new Convent and School were blessed by Bishop Sheil. The Sisters of Mercy arrived in 1926 to establish the Convent School. The School opened with 64 children. It was originally known as The Convent of the Little Flower and later changed to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School. Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2001 with a celebration for past and present families in Springsure.
While respectful of our history, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School is very much grounded in the present yet always looking towards the future for our children.
PUPILS OUTSIDE OF THE CONVENT SCHOOL SPRINGSURE, 1930
THE CONVENT SCHOOL AND CHURCH, SPRINGSUIRE
bottom of page